Hookah Hygiene Tips to Prevent Covid19
Today, the world is fighting against a havoc health dilemma known as Covid19. The outbreak of this virus has ransacked the lives of many around the globe. There are so many speculations around the world regarding this. Today, we are going to share with you some useful tips for all the hookah smokers out there that will help you stay safe.
- Avoid sharing your hookah. Now you got a good excuse to keep your hookah to yourself. You can use all the precautions like using a disposable hose or a separate one. Still, if you are sharing it with someone infected, then chances are there that the virus got into the base during the elimination of the mildewed smoke, which is inhaled by the next smoker.
- Clean the equipment before using it. Keep your setup as clean as possible - it is best to utilize some disinfectants for this purpose. You can go for some Hydrogen Peroxide as it cleans your equipment without harming the metal or silicone parts or some Isopropyl Alcohol with more than 70% alcohol content. Sadly, the later one can discolor or damage your setup over repeated use. You can also prepare your own disinfectant by mixing in four teaspoons of bleach into a quart of water.
- Encourage others to use clean equipment. Make it a point to use a clean setup only from your trusted friends. While you are maintaining absolute hygiene, do always encourage your fellow friends to maintain cleanliness.
- Smoke with caution. Covid19 happens to be a respiratory infection, and any heavy smoking on a regular basis can interfere with your immunity power to fight any future infections. Hence, it is advisable to avoid smoking things like vapes, cigarettes and even hookahs for the time being. If you are going to lit up a hookah during this time, then make sure you have the best quality tobacco, coconut shell coals, and clean equipment. Remember, inferior quality tobacco or quick light coals could be harmful.
- Educate yourself. There are so many rumors going around. It is better not to believe in all of them. Do your own research, check the facts, and consult specialists.
- Try to remain cheerful and positive. A cheerful mood can help you relax and strike a good balance between your body and mind. This allows your immune system to work better to fight against the infection and help your body to heal faster. Therefore, go for things that help you relax and gain control over your body and mind. It can be books, movies, painting, friends, anything that won’t expose you to the infection. A proper awareness regarding Covid19 will also reduce the anxiety created by this dilemma.
*The information presented is not medical advice. Please seek the guidance of healthcare professionals if you have any questions. Visit the following links for the latest information.